Peter Fayne is recognized as one of the premier trial attorneys in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. For over 25 years, Peter has regularly appeared before the state and federal courts in Washington, D.C. and Maryland, successfully representing clients in battles many deemed unwinnable. Peter has represented many prominent figures in the worlds of politics, sports, and business, including former White House officials, Presidential Cabinet administration members, United States Olympic team athletes and coaches, and CEOs of prominent Washington, D.C. companies.
For more than a decade, Peter has been selected by his peers each year as one of the Top 100 Trial Attorneys in the nation and named to the Super Lawyer lists in both Washington, D.C. and Maryland. Peter is known as one of the area’s top-notch trial lawyers who concisely, accurately, and effectively presents his clients’ arguments; and those-in-the-know have stated that “no one is as well prepared or has the presence in court that Peter Fayne has” and that “he is uniquely gifted in front of juries.” With his rock-solid reputation, Peter has been quoted numerous times by The Washington Post for his opinions on legal matters.
While an undergraduate at the University of Maryland, Peter received the university’s highest honor: the coveted “Spirit of Maryland.” He was also a standout athlete on the Track and Field Team as a decathlete, attaining All-Conference honors; and he is still recognized as one of the university’s All-Time Top Ten decathletes.
Peter began his legal career as an Assistant State’s Attorney prosecuting cases in the Office of the State’s Attorney for Baltimore County, Maryland. Not long after, however, Peter resigned from that position to pursue his dream and train for the United States Olympic Track and Field Trials in the decathlon. Later returning to the legal profession, Peter went into private practice, where he has spent the better part of the past two decades honing his skills representing clients to great success.
- Maryland Bar, 1990
- District of Columbia, 1992
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 1993
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, 1992
- J.D., University of Baltimore School of Law, 1990
- B.A., University of Maryland, 1987
Varsity Track and Field athlete
- Atlantic Coast Conference - All-Conference team
- Atlantic Coast Conference - Academic All-Conference team
- All-Time Top Ten (Decathlon)
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Rating
- Maryland Super Lawyers
- Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers - National Trial Lawyers Association